Monday, May 19, 2008

I've been tagged!

As soon as I got one post done, I discovered that David had has tagged us with another meme. Here goes:

The rules for this meme are fairly standard. Simply post the rules at the beginning of your post, answer the questions,, and tag five others to play along. Leave a comment on their blog to let them know that they need to visit yours for the rules, and of course, link back to the one who tagged you, in this case….me!

Ten years ago:
I was working full time, completing my bachelor's degree in Business Administration, serving in a leadership role in our home congregation, volunteering as a Girl Scout troop leader and council trainer, preparing for our daughter's high school graduation, unpacking boxes in our new home, and getting very little sleep.

Five things on today’s “to do” list:
Tend the roses in the campus rose garden, go to the bookstore, fill out and submit an application for a part time job, wash dishes, and do laundry. So far they are all done except the laundry!

Things I’d do if I was a billionaire:
Pay off our mortgage and student loans (and our children's, too).
Establish a seminary scholarship specifically for second career seminarians!
Provide funding for a lodge at the camp my Girl Scout troop loved best.
I'm sure that's just a good start, but I'd have to think about what to do next!

Three bad habits:
Procrastinating and then having to finish projects at the last minute.
Eating too much - especially sweets.
Nibbling on my fingernails when I'm nervous.

Five places I’ve lived:
Does the month I spent in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania training for a new job count? I've actually lived in central Illinois and in the Southeast: Chenoa and Mahomet, Illinois among others. In Charlotte, North Carolina; Columbia, South Carolina; and Mobile, Alabama.

Five jobs I’ve had:
Wow - where to start? I've worked in several industries and had more job titles than I can count!
Babysitting, then hostess/cashier at my future in-law's restaurant.
Receptionist, then draftsman at a machine tool company.
Construction estimator and project manager for a glass contractor.
From customer service rep to materials manager at a machine tool manufacturer.
Most recently, student worker in the campus library and supply preacher in several congregations.


Now, I just have to figure out who to tag...

1 comment:

Ray said...

OK - I finally got around to my list.