Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sabbath

Yes, for those who have asked, we are getting some rest while we are here. We slept in a bit this morning, then attended worship at Christus Victor. Afterwards, went out to lunch - just the two of us - instead of eating in the parish hall with the other 280 or so volunteers who are here this week.

Ray also took me for a drive, so that I could see some of the places he has been this week. It was a beautiful day - clear, sunny, about 65 degrees, and breezy - it felt like spring had already arrived. Looking out across the white sand and the water of the Gulf, I could almost forget the reason we are here, but when we turned around, we saw again the devastation left behind by Katrina's storm surge.

We returned to the house to do laundry and spend some time on the computer. While Ray was posting photos to the blog, I was making a lengthy 'To Do' list for the distribution center tomorrow. I hope I have lots of energetic volunteers! Finally, we went back to the church to put away tools for today's work crews, copy some fliers for the distribution center, and eat dinner.

All in all, a pretty quiet day for us here in Ocean Springs!

No comments: